Dellorto has always been involved in the worldwide racing competitions with technical supply and sponsorships in the most significant events and championship of the international auto&motorbike landscape.
Today, Dellorto boasts an important global presence after being appointed as exclusive ECU supplier for the Moto3 category.
An important decision that confirmed the intention of the Italian company to consolidate Dellorto’s brand in the racing competitions.
DoPe is the electronic control unit developed by Dellorto for the MOTO3 category; a product that marks an important step for Dellorto that, in the last 10 years, focused its strategy on the electronic injection systems.
The ECU DoPe has been developed in two versions: FACTORY and RACE.
The RACE version is designated to be used during the races and is equipped with a rpm limiter, set to the value defined by the championship organizers.
The FACTORY version is designated to development activities and allows the calibration in real time.
- Integrated unit for engine management and data acquisition
- Anodized light alloy case made from solid
- 55-way military connector
- Integrated Lambda controller
- Upper and lower injectors checking made by four-dimensional maps
- Advance ignition checking made by four-dimensional maps
- Electronic gear, engine brake, traction control and launch control management
- Three sets of handlebar switchable maps
- Compensation for dynamic transient, temperature and air-box pressure
- Data acquisition through 18 analog inputs and CAN line
- Dashboard interface via CAN
- Official trasponder interface via CAN
- Ethernet PC communication and data download
Besides the ECU, Dellorto developed three software:
- DoPE 2.0 for engine calibration and control
- DoData for data acquisition, management and analysis
- DOBike for bike set-up computational approach
Dellorto supplies beside the ECU DoPe the instrument cluster with racing features.
Matrix4 is a dashboard with analogic rpm-meter and matrix LCD display.
The dashboard is equipped with gearshift flash and flag indications in compliance with MotoGp technical regulation. It can collect up to 4 analog inputs and connects to the ECU DoPe via CAN line.
From the mass production to the racing applications, Dellorto is the official technical supplier of Aprilia Racing Team for the MOTOGP and WSBK championships.
The electronic throttle bodies fit on the Aprilia V4 support the most sophisticated strategies of engine control: from Traction Control to Launch Control, from engine brake to anti-wheeling control. The SBK uses the same throttle body system of the mass production bike. This system has an independent throttle actuation for the two bodies of the V4.
Dellorto supplies the fuel system too, composed of a fuel rail with 4 injectors positioned behind the throttles and 4 injectors positioned above the intake manifold.
The system is completed by a variable length manifold device to maximize the torque at medium speed and the power at higher speed.
On the MotoGp bikes the development never stops and anticipates solution that the mass production bike will adopt in the future, as the high fluid dynamics efficiency throttle bodies designed for the MotoGp bike.
Dellorto is present to Rotax Max Challenge with a system composed of carburator, ECU and valve.
Motorsport and passion: a combination that has led the Italian company to affirm its presence in the 2- and 4-wheel drive market with its products, the know-how and the business network set up in over eighty years of research and development, production and distribution of air-fuel systems.